Thanks,
Tim Dougherty
www.HarpMicGaskets.com

At 10:10 AM 10/8/2004, you wrote:
From: Tim Dougherty <timd@xxxxxxx>
If we're constantly battling with all the
other amplified instruments to cut through the mix, wouldn't an echo, chorus, etc. just further muddy the sound? Has this technique been used to good effect by noted players that I could listen to?

Like his sound or not; Jason Ricci has NO problem cutting through and can play just a little bit. A few effects going on there.

Don't forget, distortion from a mic or amp is also an effect. LW is not SB.

Michael Peloquin
Be Flat, Be Sharp, just don't be a beat off.