Re: [Harp-L] A harmonica saved my life= true story:) CONTEST

I am reminded of one incident which occurred durng my travels in Africa.
I remember it like it was yesterday.
Or the day before yesterday.
Or maybe last week or a few months or so. I'm sure it wasn't Wednesday as
Wednesdays are for tea and cricket.
Anyway.... there I was, alone, facing down an entire Zulu warrior contingent
on an open plain with nothing but my tattered regiment uniform and a Special
20 ( in "D" with a rotten 4 hole draw reed...blast!). As they let out their
shrieking war cry, and came storming down the ridge, my blood turned to ice.
The vision of thousands of the enraged warriors will never leave my memory.
In a flash of terror-inspired brilliance I removed the covers from the harp
and sharpened their edges on a small stone at my feet (it looked a lot like
a stone I once saw removed from the possession of a young boy by airport
security while I was on holiday in the colonies). I then summoned all the
courage I could muster and, using the knife edged covers tore through the
bloody savages like a tornado using all the martial arts skills I had
learned while studying in the temples of China!
But I digress.
It was madness I tell you, simply madness! I was like a demon possessed as I
ripped through their ranks faster than Harp-L responses to emails
criticizing Little Walter. I fought like a madman, all the while filled with
desperate concern over whether or not the covers would ever be airtight
again. Needless to say, I prevailed.
Later, as the sun set on the edge of the battlefield, I was sitting atop a
pile of corpses, playing "Taps" in honor of my fallen adversaries using my
reassembled harp (I repaired the damaged reed using a tiger fang plucked
from a necklace previously owned by one of the blighters and sealed the harp
using fragments from a leather loincloth).
The attack was the single most terrifying experience of my life....except,
of course, for the time I was forced to climb Mount Everest with nothing
other than a Super 64 with a broken spring.
But that, as they say, is another story old boy, eh wot?

Cheers,
Col. Wendell "Pip" Thorndike.