Re: [Harp-L] Re: Pleasant Surprise

Denise Preston wrote:
I also had a very pleasant surprise while listening to Memphis Minnie singing "Me and My Chauffeur Blues" (by Ernest Lawler), recorded in Chicago in 1952. I thought...that sounds like him... the god of harmonicas...no it can't be...oh goodness it is...Little Walter!
Registered on Checker: 771

Denise

BrightBlue

I'm going to have to look for that one. What album was it on? The version from the 40s is the only one I've heard. Stands to reason she would have recorded it more than once considering how many versions of "Bumble Bee" she made.

--
Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly