Re: [Harp-L] 'A' harp cutting through, telling guitarists to turn down

Gentlemen,  if I may suggest an alternative method for A harp, to cut thru
the mix,  why  not use an XB40 in A and play
middle and upper register. Imo, this harp is a far superior instrument for
most generes of music particularily traditional blues. Far more flexible
because of the enharmonics available and as far as some players complaining
about the tone of this instrument, I don't buy this, not one little bit.
Hog-wash, I say.  If you are so inclined this little puppy will bark for you
if you like. Or it can be sweet as honey, or whatever you prefer.  The one
pre-requisite required is one must keep the flippin' harmonica in your mouth
for a reasonable amount of time in order to reap the considerable benefits
this instrument has to offer. Just like when we all started to learn to
overblow/overdraw the intonation and the sounds eminating from the woodshed
often sounded like a small songbird being castrated.  You guys remember,
don't ya?(smile)   One must practice diligently regardless of instrument in
order to achieve satsifactory results.  And even if you do take Chris's
advice, play it 3rd position XB40, ummm, ummmm. good.  So go forth young XB
40 players, yes go forth and multiply, you will be rewarded.

Respectfully,

Derrick, the Devil's Advocate, Foley
Those weak enough to fail to achieve their dreams will never hesitate to be
there to discourage others from trying.