[Harp-L] bends and reed fatigue

hi all,

   i'm pretty sure i know the answer to this problem,
but i thought i'd throw it out there, hoping to learn
something:
   lately, i've been trying to get into 1st position
and i'm noticing that my blow bends are all knocking
my harps out of tune. i even bought a new G harp
recently, and after just playing it once, i got
beating in my 6/9 octave - after blow bending the 9.
   my feeling is this is a matter of bad technique.
perhaps, without knowing it, i'm forcing the bend and
it's knocking the reed out of tune. i'm trying not to
play hard but...
    i've also encountered this with the 4 draw. not as
often, in fact, only twice in a couple of years, (once
on a A, and recently on a D) but still. it's annoying.
any tips?

          thanks,
                   --Jp