Re: [Harp-L] Airport security and harps

Mike,

I flew last spring and had my harps in a carry on so they didn't "disappear" from a checked bag. I had three neat little rows of harps in the 7-Harp-zipper-cases and a bunch of individual harps in seperate cases. I totally expected a problem, but they took one peek at the x-ray and on I went. Ironically the fellow behind me had ONE harp in his back pack and he was selected for the thorough screening process. That's profiling isn't it when they select a man over a woman for the search.

The picture of profiling has made some changes since last spring. They are now taking a longer look at women. Last week I flew again, I used the same harp travel cases and TSA nabbed me for the shake down. They didn't seems as interested in my harps as they did my shoes. And they took away my child's rock. That's right, a quartzy looking river rock he collected while on vacation. Sorry...no rocks allowed on the plane kid! The rock had to be relinquished to TSA...sorry kid that's for your own safety.

Denise

BrightBlue