Re: [Harp-L] Stevie Zeller - Jim Zeller

Yeah, I checked the doctorharp.it site it's Jim Zeller, he's from Montreal and he is amazing. He is best describes as a wildman. He is at his very best playing after midnight in a bar. I've never seen anyone who plays like him. He sometimes does a vocal riffs and then keeps it going as a harp riff and make a tune out of it. He also uses one of those Roland Space echo units and plays with himself.  He plays very hard/heavy, but does **not** have a harsh (metal) sound. One thing he does that is really different is that he plays with his head bent down (you can see it in the video),  don't know how he can play like that without drowning his harp. He plays japanese scales and other weird stuff and makes it work, he sings too and the singing and the music really go together. For example he plays a japanese tune and sings with fake stereotypical japanese lyrics, not politically correct but great just the same, you gotta hear it - I can't really describe it.

I have one of his CDs called Zeller Live, but it is old and does not compare with his recent shows. I am not sure you can capture one of his shows on CD even if its a live CD.

Salut,

Pierre:

His site:

http://www.jimzeller.com/

(Once on the main page wait a minute for music clip to start)

Video:

(Not too wild here, that's him singing, he's much better than this after midnight when he lets loose)

http://www.jimzeller.com/video.htm

Better but not live:

http://www.jimzeller.com/video2.htm

Roland delay: not sure which model he plays:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3751200697&category=22669