Re: [Harp-L] Advice on a First Chromatic

If you are used to diatonics, the CX-12 plays a bit like a diatonic (IMHO)...
Otherwise go for a Hohner 270 Super Chromonica. They are available in all
keys (if you need that) and are good value.
I prefer 3 octave chroms rather than 4 octave ones, they are MUCH less leaky
and tend to give a better sound. Most pro chrom players (but not all!!!)
prefer 36 note 3 octave chromatics.
I like the Hohner sound, other makers tend to be more "shrill" .... Again
IMHO!
Best wishes
John Walden
London