[Harp-L] new favorite CD

I don't listen to many harmonica players but I was recently given

Concerto Pour Harmonica

It's a Fantasic CD and my current favorite music CD. I was certain
that nothing would displace my former fav - Sreeramprasas Ravikumar
and the Malladi Brothers which had been spinning constantly for 5
weeks.

Concerto Pour Harmonica is a mix of orchestral and big band
arrangments with Toots Thielemans on harmonica.  Great arrangements
and Toots is really really on in the live recording recorded in 1993.
Fred Hersch is on piano and supports Toots in a way I haven't heard
since Bill Evans on the Affinity disc.

Concerto Pour Harmonica is the disc that makes me realize why Toots
is so popular.  It was facinating to hear him connect with the band
and the audience - including me.  I hope you all have an opportunity
to find this disc.  It appears to be an import from france.  I got it
from a friend that just returned fron London an found it in a used
music shop. She knew I would like but she has't a clue that I like it
this much...

Chris Michalek
Get ready for the Global Harmonica Summit 2005