Fwd: RE: [Harp-L] OB, CX or XB? - altered chromatics

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael Peloquin"
<peloquinharp@xxxx> wrote:

wouldn't the renegades amongst us still be overblowing an altered
tuning?

=====Winslow:

Of course, unless you can somehow create an altered tuning for
diatonic that is fully chromatic without bending.

==========Peloquin:

I wonder if people who play altered tuning chromatics, (Bill Barrett,
Brendan Power) still use their slides?

=======Winslow:

I know that Brendan does. That's the whole point. he retuned the
chromatic notes to diatonic ones - almost the diametric opposite of
pverblowing. On a C chromatic, a trill between D and E is a breath
change and a hole change, which makes it hard to play fast and
smoothly. But if you tune Draw D# up to E, you just play D and
twiddle the slide any time you want a grace note or a trill.

Winslow