[Harp-L] Re: OB, CX or XB?

So, does this mean that I don't really have to learn the key of J flat (Jb)
to play jazz? whew!

Ran across this exchange recently, and used it in the introduction to a guitar book on Dropped-D Tuning:

Young folklorist interviewing Joseph Spence in the early '70s: "Mr. Spence, I couldn't help noticing that you play all your songs in the same tuning, dropped-D tuning, and the same key, D major. Why is that?"

Spence: "I used to know all them keys! I knew 'em all: A, and B, and D, and F, and H... I used to know all them keys!"

Folklorist: "Well Mr. Spence, if that's true, then why do you play everything in the same key of D? Why don't you use any of those other keys?"

Spence: "I got tired of 'em!"

--TBall