RE: Fwd: RE: [Harp-L] OB, CX or XB?

"Tricksy the fat one is..." The point is knowing theory to get ahead.
Uncle Win certainly knows that stuff...  My theory skills are
actually very basic but I try to learn it nonetheless in an effort to
better myself.  Not if Dr Phil were teaching a music course perhaps
he'd could help my personality traits.

Hey Guys,  most of what I post is in jest and I often take the
contrarian view just because I can...  to me it's important to view
both sides of an issue to fully understand the issue - at least that
what works for me.

Sorry if all of my posturing has offended anybody.  I generally
fairly generous and helpful if given the opportunity.  Many of our
list members will atest to that.

Peace out.

>>An F major chord has only three notes and therefore only two
>>inversions:
>>
>>- Root position: F in the bass, then A and C in no particular order.
>>
>>- First inversion: A in the bass, with F and C in no particular
>order.
>>
>>- Second inversion: C in the bass, with F and A in no particular
>>order.
>>
>>After that you run out of bass notes, so there can be no third
>>inversion.
>>
>>The concept of inversions on a treble instrument is a little dicey.
>>The whole idea of inversions is the anchor note in the bass.

Chris Michalek

"it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have
it."  - Mr Figglesby regarding musical prowess