RE: [Harp-L] OB, CX or XB?

From: "Chris Michalek" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
It is the opinion of many that folks who ise altered intstruments are
those that can not do it on regular ones. Why else would they alter
it? This often means they can not cut it as a "real" musician because
they are lazy or need things to be easier... of course there ARE
exceptions. ie: the maestro Richard Hunter

Altered tunings, IMO, are MORE work thanlearning to OB. Keeping all of those layouts in my mind, turns my brain to mush. XB and chromatic do the same, as the methods are just close enough to maket my OB imprinted brain explode.

The argument about the overblows not sounding as good as the other
notes is what I like to call "abunchofhooey"  as I mentioned before
it's only other harmonica players that mention the issues with
overblows.  What really matters is what the audience thinks and I've
never had a person come up to me and say "hey that sounded great
except for those funky sounding notes that you hit every other
second...." I've had this very discussion with other members of our
super duper elitest overblow club and they concur.

I am currently seeking membership in the club, but I do agree wholeheartedly with this statement. The public neither notices nor misses OB's. The public does however, continue to accept the low standards that are set for our humble instrument.

Michael Peloquin http://www.globerecords.com/cgi-bin/db/search.cgi?specific=itemno&phrase=GLO-025