[Harp-L] jazz players.....

I saw George Brooks' comments on jazz chromatic players and his comment that Bill Galison and Mike Turk (one of my favorite players) and two of the only guys who play demanding jazz tunes convincingly at tempo.  They are both great.

But overlooked is Gregorie Maret, certainly the busiest jazz chromatic player today on the New York scene.  Greg's playing with Charlie Hunter, Cassandra Wilson, Jimmy Scott and many others has brought renewed respect to the instrument, as evidenced by the very fine comments made recently in the New York Times.  Greg is one of the very few chromatic players who can improvise fluidly over any set of changes, and who is thoroughly versed in the modern jazz idiom.

That he flys completely over the radar of this list and and the harmonica world is a shame.  He's one of the brightest stars shining out there.  TOM ELLIS/Tom's Mics