[Harp-L] OB or CX or XB?

Chris wrote:

>It is the opinion of many that those who use altered instruments are those who can't do it on
>regular instruments.

I get suspicious whenever someone tries to bolster an argument by citing the opinions of "many"
unnamed others.

Jimi Hendrix used an altered tuning.  Alan "Blind Owl" Wilson used an altered tuning.  I like that
company just fine.

Robert Bonfiglio wrote:

>That's a crock!

If I might clarify my previous remark about single reed vs double reed systems,  I should have
limited my remarks to BENDS.  I was trying to say that to my ears, the dual-reed unvalved bends of
a standard diatonic sound richer, fuller and dare I say, yes BETTER than the single reed bends of
valved diatonics, valved chromatics or OB's.   Chris says only another harmonica player can tell
the difference.  Well I don't know about that, but I know what I like.  And I can hear the
difference.