[Harp-L] Overblows on 7-String Drumsets

Maybe it's just me.

Anyone who learns to play a chord on a guitar (regardless of number of
strings), spend time in the basement banging on a drum (shiny or cardboard),
or learns any tune on his harp is a musician in my book. Sure some are more
accomplished than others. But the judgmentalism sorta boggles my mind.

It's not about gear, technique, or even virtuosity. Those are the icing. The
cake is sharing, as best we can, what we feel inside through the unique
human experience of music. Some of us are good at us, others not so good.
Some like to be fancy, others simple. Isn't that what keeps it from getting
stale? The diversity of where music has come from, and where it has yet to
go? One person sharing with another how he or she feels inside through
sound?

And as far as making that sound, there is no right or wrong way...
 Leo Fender didn't intend his amps to distort. It was a side effect of an
inexpensive design.
 Harmonicas weren't supposed to bend or overblow. Again fortuitous side
effect of design. Second position? Ditto.

Musicians are a creative lot. They also tend to be a bit opinionated (self
included.)  Smile and encourage the next guy. He needs it at least as much
as you do. Listen to what you like. Don't listen to what you don't. Really,
it's that easy.

Unless of course you are trying to sleep downstairs from an aspiring
drummer.

Paul