RE: [Harp-L] Re: Mark Grahamm & the CXL harp

From: "tony" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Mark Graham
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:54:49 +1100

Dear all,

Praise for Mark Graham goes without saying. However I would definitely add to the endorsement of David Rice, a very fine first position player of Old Timey music. For anyone who likes this style, the "Boiled Buzzards" CDs featuring David are essential listening.

I have not had the pleasure of hearing Mark Grahamm, but look forward to doing so in the near future. I was wondering if any one out there has ever heard a 1st position player by the name of Greg Becker from the Ozark area. Greg also is a great hammer dulcimer player, plays a mean upright base, with harmonica in the rack, plus several other musical instruments. He is a very humble musician that has been a big part of Silver Dollar City for over 25 years. I realize that he is not 'commercial' and little known in most circles but, in MHO could hold his own with any 1st position player out there. This can also be said of many of the musicians that play non' commercial'.

My question for Richard Hunter is regarding the CXL harp. Is the playing of the CXL similar to the diatonic? By that I have in mind the sound that it produces and ability to get a 'crying' blues sound. I still consider myself a green, beginner at this wonderful habit that I have acquired.

Ozark Doyle

Harmonica players never make mistakes,
They just "Blow It"