[Harp-L] Chromatic

Dear List,

I just got back from a very successful week play the Vaughan Williams
Romance for Harmonica, Strings and Piano with the Rotterdam Philharmonic in
the Netherlands and noticed while I was away that several players felt the
diatonic was their instrument of choice and would go to sax before the
chromatic because the chromatic seemed so hard.

I do suggest you try chromatic for the following reasons.  I have taught
several good diatonic players the chromatic and they have become very good:
Rob Paparozzi, Randy Singer, Clint Hoover, etc.
1. You already can get a single note.
2. You already have good tone.
3. You already know how to blow and draw to produce sounds.
4. You already know the C scale pattern from hole 4-8 which is the same
pattern as for all sharp scales.
5. You already know how to produce throat and hand vibrato.
6. You already can play in tune.

Think about the advantages and just learn you scales up to 4 sharps and
flats and you will be amazed at what you can play on the chromatic.  Maybe
get as funky as Stevie?

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio

http://www.robertbonfiglio.com/main