[Harp-L] 1/4" to XLR adapter (impedance query)

Can someone tell me what sort of 1/4" to XLR converter I should use when plugging a magnetic cartridge mic into a P.A. 's XLR connector, from my mic's 1/4" jack? And in terms of impedance, what should I look for? The converters available are quite varied in terms of impedance, and I am essentially clueless about such technical matters. But the one I use filters all the guts out of the sound.

Thanks!

-Dave Fertig