RE: [Harp-L] A Week In Tunisia

From: George Brooks <gbrooks1@xxxxxxxxx>
The tune played in 7th position, will, however, determine how many fully competent draw benders there are.

George and friends,
After much playing of this tune I have come to new conclusions:
I originally knew it in 3rd position (D minor on a C harp)
POSITIVE-the head lays nicely for all sections
-soloing over the A section (Eb7 to D-6) is OK, familiarity of 3rd position is nice
-soloing over the B section (key of G- & Fmaj), familiarity of 3rd position is nice
NEGATIVE-it ends up being a little high pitched and Eb7 is very challenging OB & OD wise.

7th position (D minor on an Ab harp)
POSITIVE & NEGATIVE-the head lays nicely for the A section, B section is OK, Interlude is a BEAR! (but this position is a Nautilus workout for your draw bends on holes 2 & 3!)
-soloing over the A section (Eb7 to D-6) is cool, Eb7 is cross harp!
-soloing over the B section (key of G- & Fmaj), is pretty rough

4th position (D minor on a low F harp)
POSITIVE-the head lays nicely for all sections
-soloing over the A section (Eb7 to D-6) is OK, familiarity with 4th & 11th positions is nice
-soloing over the B section (key of G- & Fmaj), familiarity with 3rd position & 1st is nice
NEGATIVE-none-this is where I would perform it now.

7th WILL build your bending chops though!

Michael Peloquin
http://www.globerecords.com/cgi-bin/db/search.cgi?specific=itemno&phrase=GLO-025