Re: [Harp-L] Hello! Beginner - Interested in Blues

Since you said that you are an absolute beginner I'd like to recommend "First Lessons Blues Harmonica" (book/CD) by David Barrett.
http://www.harmonicamasterclass.com/firstlessons.htm

There are certainly "better" books including by him, but they are more advanced. First Lessons gets you playing bluesy stuff in a 12 bar construct without a requirement to bend. Since bending takes some time to learn, early attempts at playing blues on a harp are quite discouraging if you think that you must bend to play anything. It probably causes lots of folks to give up. A lot of good stuff that will serve you well, even after you've got the bending going. He calls it "by far my favorite, and I feel the most fun to work through" of all his method books. Getting a good start without too much frustration is a good thing. It is written for a C harp.

Peace and music,
Dave