[Harp-L] Hello! Beginner - Interested in Blues

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to the list.

I have the opportunity to get a free Hering 10 hole harmonica as a gift.

I am interested in blues, though I have absolutely no experience.  I
am playing classical guitar now, just a beignner, but otherwise little
music experience.

I have heard that the key of "C" is apporpriate for beignners, but I
have also heard that "E" is used in more blues songs.

If I am really just going to play around, and memorize a few blues
songs... would you recommend this harp?  Which key would you suggest?

I have also seen on the net that Hering isn't really a high quality
harmonica.  Should I skip this free harmonica attempt (and get
something else) and later pick up a hohner when I am more serious?

Thanks for any help!

--
Harvey
http://www.JapanNewbie.com