[Harp-L] Basic Overblowing question

Guys,

I am not that swift on all the issues surrounding overblowing.  It would
help me a lot if someone could explain to me what notes overblowing gives
you on, say, a C harp that arent there.  What scales do these notes
complete? Are blow-bends, which occure on the upper holes the same thing? I
mean this basic stuff has never been made clear throughout all these posts
on the subject.  I'm sure Im not the only reader on this list that's in the
dark some of the time when reading about overblowing.  I local buddy of mine
who plays harp an dis on this list went about learning overblowing and
picked it up right away (he's way better whatn me) and he told me, yeah,
it's interesting but he's not sure what to do with it now, his playing
hasn't evolved any since learning overblowing.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh