[Harp-L] music, family,and community

Downeast Maine had a hard summer. The clammers lost their best 2 months because
of red tide, the blueberry crop was non-existant, and there was a poor lobster
season. On top of that heating costs jumped 60%. The University of Maine at
Machias held a benefit concert with the local churches. Price of admission was
food for the food bank. They got a truckload of food.

The highlight of the evening was a young college girl playing the accordian and
singing "Life is a Mountain Railroad", with her fiance on the guitar, her mom
on the fiddle, her dad on the banjo, her grandmother on the piano, and her
grandfather on the harp.

The concert reminded me that community and family is all we have. Music helps
keep the community and the family together.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm