[Harp-L] Re: Recording gear

However I did say...

>Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:20:07 +1300
>Have you done a search for shareware/freeware sound recorders?
>http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/gmm/fwaudiorecorder.html
>http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Search/sound_recorder.html

One of the programs listed there is "Free Audio Recorder" - I downloaded
it, installed it and discovered that it had:
* A Trojan Virus
* Installed a nasty piece of SpyWare that screwed up my Win98 networking
when I finally managed to remove it.

I've since been shown this URL
http://downloads.zdnet.co.uk/0,39025604,39090251s,00.htm

I've tried both Audacity and WavePad and found they work nicely and offer
enough useful tools and functionality to do a spot of recording for
practice, or submitting music.  You can even add echo, reverb and a few
other effects too.

-- G.