Re: [Harp-L] Volume Adjustment help

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, G <gigs@xxxx>
wrote:

> Having finally bought myself a US made 545SD through
Tom Ellis, Larry put
> it together for me.  I'm delighted with the result.

that's one i have my eye on. i don't plan to start a
mic collection or anything, but the 545 is high on my
list of mics to try.

> The level knob on the HC is basically gain level -
like on the Fender Pro
> Jr, or original Fender Champ...
>put some form of EQ between the HC & the desk, close
at hand.

> This is basically like using a MASTER volume control
to a guitar amp.  Like
> on the Fender Blues Jr.   You set the gain to the
kind of tone you want,
> and set the Master to the volume level you want.

that's kind of what i was thinking, or hoping, would
work.

> A good CLEAN preamp would do the job.

i'll have to look into that. something inexpensive, i
hope ;)

Thank G., and everyone else who's written in. i have,
it seems, a ton of options available.

    --Jp