Re: [Harp-L] Re: Bending at the back of the throat

G said: (Sorry Iceman, thought it was you who said that)

"Forcing yourself" to do anything "feels" negative and difficult. Reframe
this if you can into "exploring the new world of TB". Get excited about it
rather than having it become something you "have to do in order to finish
your
homework before you can go out to play".

I said: ==== I agree with you about using positive language. But I don't see that the term "to force yourself" as negative. I see effort and work as a good thing because it brings fast results. ====

I did not mean to imply that you see "effort and work as negative", I'm sure you don't. I was just saying how I view "forcing myself".

Actually I thought my post was sort of stupid and amost deleted it, kinda wish I had, except that I have a hard time practicing regularly for about a year now. Its up and down a lot, sort of in spurts. So your post has got me wondering if you are right.

I think I have to force myself to practice at the same time same place everyday. Oups, you're right "forcing" in this context does not sound good, no wonder I'm not doing it.

Someone posted something about paralysis by analysis a while ago; he was partially right. Dammit!

Pierre.

If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.