[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 15, Issue 36 Shaker Mad Cat Microphone

Have you tried the Harmonic SOlution Microphones?? I tried them from Fred Yonnet and these mics are great!!

Froggy

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:03:16 EST
From: AV1901@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Shaker Madcat Mic
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Anyone out there have a Shaker Madcat mic? I'm looking for some opinions on
these mics. How clean/distorted is the output? Is it HiZ or LowZ? How do you
like yours if you have one?

Seems like it would be useful in low volume guitar/harp blues duo setting in
a small club or restaurant type gig.

I've tried 3 approaches so far with this: 1.) accoustic playing (no
amplification whatsoever, which sounds nice but doesn't have enough volume for the
room), 2.) accoustic playing into a Shure 57 or 58 mic through a small PA (nice
volume, but somehow the volume and EQ of the mic is either good for the harp or
good for vocals, but not both), and 3.) using an EV 605 mic with a CR element
through a small 5 watt class A amp (nice sound and volume, but not enough
ability to use all the typical accoustic hand effects).

Andy Vincent

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis.Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !