Fwd: RE: [Harp-L] Help with a few blues techniques?

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxx]On
Behalf Of Fred Lascelles Jr.
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 1:50 PM
To: harp-l@xxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Help with a few blues techniques?

<snip>
Another question, I've been looking around to buy a low C 10 hole.
>From the recordings I've heard with them they sound really fun but I
cannot find them in retail. Are these just not so popular or do they
need to be custom made?

The Hohner Marine Band 364 has 12 holes and is a Low C with two extra
holes in the high range. It comes in Low C, Low D, and G.

The Hohner 365 is a 14-hole version, again with the extra notes on
the high end. It comes in low C and, I think, G.

The 364 and 364 are larger in every way than the 10-hole Marine Band
and have red-painted wood combs and bolted-on covers.

Sonny Boy recorded with low C and low D models, probably 364.

Seydel is making low C, and even lower, on a custom basis, in a ten-
hole size.

Winslow