Re: [Harp-L] Recording gear

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:25:37 -0600, Chris Otto <ottoranch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:24:42 -0500, Rene Carlson <rene@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > How do you upload from your MD to cpu?  What MD are you using?  Thanks,
> > rene

I use a Sharp DR-420, which is a pre MI-MD model so I have to record
it real time to the CPU.  I have a Xitel I/O port which is basically
an external sound card that plugs into the CPU via USB.  I plug the MD
into the Xitel port from the headphone jack.  I use the LP recorder
software that was included with the Xitel port.  The Hi-MD recorders
let you transfer the files from the MD to CPU via USP like
transferring photos from a digital camera making the process easier.
However, I love the way the Sharp MD records.  I use it to record
shows, practice sessions and jams.  It works and sounds great.  I use
Church Audio's professional binaural mics most of the time.
Occasionally, I plug the MD into a sound board with RCA cables,
however, that tends to loose instruments that are not playing through
the mic (like the double bass).