[Harp-L] re: lip block

Dan wrote: Is there a point, folks, where you can just say, "do what works" ?
No.

Pucker works for me. Worked for 28 years. Why bother changing? Tone was fine.
Change embrochures and suddenly all these new riffs open up. Great fun with a
loud garage band. No longer stagnant.

I had my synth going last night, weird techno arpegiators. C# minor(couldn't
change keys, needed that key to get drum sounds layed out correctly--the cymbal
hits were on the C#, the snare on the E) Time to learn 5th position on an A
harp. My normal riffs don't work., Suddenly I'm coming up with these neat
little melodies, stuff I would never play normally.

I say do what doesn't work. Pick up the chromatic and try to make sense out of
it. Try a new embrochure. Get some odd tunings. Try this in a live jam
situation. Nothing like a little adrenaline to blow the cobwebs out.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm