Re: [Harp-L] Lip Block (Was Any Help Out There)(LONG!)

Hi harp Lers,
While this tongue/pucker thread is alive I hoped I
could take the opportunity to get an answer from some
of you guys re tongue block embouchure.
Could I just state before I go on that I appreciate
that alot of this stuff is covered in Portnoys book
which I have ordered recently but maybe you guys could
enlighten me on one or two matters.

I am quite comfortable with TB having practised
playing octaves ,slaps,futters etc for some time ,that
is to say ,embellishing my mainly pucker
technique.However I am now trying to play the majority
of the time with TB and find that it has improved my
overall sound immeasureably particularly when down at
the bottom end of the harp .I was of the impression
for a time that TB was really to be used only for
HOLE4 UP, WORK, but have discovered that by working
the tongue, eg blocking #1,2,3 etc and alternating
with lifting and blocking while playing the melody
note on top the sound (especially amped) is far more
full and exciting(to my ears anyway!).But you guys
knew this already right?
Sorry, my question then is this,after starting on
hole2 blocking #1 and moving upwards to 3b
blocking#1@2 and so on, when playing a walking 12
bar/shuffle ,blues101 theme, should you eventually end
up using a three hole  block or continue with 2 holes
especially when playing counterpoint below the melody
note.Also, when on #4draw and you are going to gliss
down to #1draw quickly <do you revert/convert to a
pucker or to a right block .
Would sincerely appreciate any advice .Apologies for
length.
Kind regards .Sean