[Harp-L] OB style Klezmer on the diatonic - introducing Jason Rosenblatt

Ok, this week its Klezmer on the diatonic (that's it, I'm all done plugging now). I saw this band (Shtreiml) live at an outdoor concert at the Montreal Jazz Festival and just got the name of the artist which I had forgotten. He's from Israel and is now living in Montreal (our luck!). The show was to say the least amazing.

Jason Rosenblatt is the harmonicist.

There are great clips at this page:

(Joe do not go to this site, you are depressed enough as it is)

http://www.shtreiml.com/

At a glance, the 2 following tracks of the 2002 CD are extremely 'colorful'
 - alte Sher
 - Novi Sacz
 - Gasni - HEY! that a Charlie Parker lick, did he steal it from a traditional Klezmer song!!!

(note video clips seem to take several minutes to download (with no sign that it is downloading) on my cable modem line but the audio tracks download quickly)

Pierre.

PS: I'm not sure, but Chris Michalek may be mis-estimating the number of harpers who can play overblow style well. He said 'a handful' and there are IMO at least 3 in Canada (Pascal, Jason and Calos Del Junco) and the US are 10 times bigger than Canada. Where are they all hiding?

Last plug - honest: Perhaps SPAH should visit Montreal one of these days.