[Harp-L] RE:Lip Block (Was Any Help Out There)

This thread is so much better than past embouchure wars.  Yes, you can do
things
with a tongue block you can't do with a pucker, and vice versa. Tone is a
function of the player.  Your embouchure of choice is but a tool to get there.
One is not better than the other.  Its good to have multiple approaches.

Comments on terms and descriptions: It was said that "pucker" may not be the
best name for that embouchure, because it implies "pursed" lips, sipping
through a straw, tightening of muscles around the mouth, or jutting your lips
forward as depicted so cleverly by Steve Shaw's political satirist.  Nothing
could be more incorrect.  When I teach a pucker embouchure, I emphasize soft
lips, open mouth, lips relaxed on the cover plates, think of that first gentle
kiss before......well, you know.  Maybe the pucker embouchure should be called
"no-tongue".  We'll talk about tongue-blocking later.

Oh yeah, Eric Neumann writes:

Also, it has nothing at all to do with the length of one's pony-tail...
although this is an understandable correlation. hahaha..

Now who would you be referring to?

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt
www.parkhousejam.com