Re: Re: [Harp-L] jason ricci @ mexicali blues

<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please do keep us posted. Especially considering I now contribute to the
> programming of one of the major French harp festivals, and having something
> to listen to goes a long way towards convincing people it's worth investing
> in.

indeed, that's the whole idea behind the taping/trading scene.

> I wonder why no one has connected Jason with the jamband scene actually. I
> would imagine that he'd easily fit in and it would be a great way to get
> better recognition not from the blues or harp scene (these mean nothing in
> terms of recognition) but from a wider jam rock scene.

you and me both.  i listen to a lot of these bands, like moe, mule,
phil and friends, dead and the like.  and i know the fans of these
bands would flip over this.  or rather, *will* flip, once we finally
make it happen.

> You know, doing
> Warren Haynes Benefit Concert in the winter and Bonnaroo in the summer would
> definitely put him on the map...

i was gonna suggest he do the warren haynes christmas jam this year,
but he's already booked that night.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.