Re: [Harp-L] best jr. parker harp cd?

----- Original Message ----- From: <HASHBB@xxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 6:38 PM
Subject: Fwd: [Harp-L] best jr. parker harp cd?

In a message dated 12-Nov-04 05:37:16 PM Central Standard Time, HASHBB
writes:

>> hey all,

anyone want to weigh in on what they think is the best Junior Parker album to get, in terms of harp? what about overall?

   thanks,
           --Jp

The best stuff of Junior Parker is on MCA(Junior parker- The Duke recordings
volume one(Junior's blues) and volume two(backtracking).
Volume one has 'That's alright', 'Mother-in-law blues', Yonder's Wall, with
volume two having 'Pretty Baby' and 'Man or Mouse'.
There is also alot of great Junior Parker on his Sun Records recordings
reissued on various labels(Rhino, Verese, etc.) with lots of harp heavy content.
Junior was a great vocalist besides being an understated harp man.
HB

Hi,
I've got those two CD's as well, and I agree that those two with his Duke sides are the ones to get.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com