[Harp-L] RE: New Hohner logo -- how old?

Ken Ficara wrote:
Someone is advertising a Beatles harmonica on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=432&item=3852187103&rd=1

The picture of the harp itself shows the newer Hohner logo, the
stylized person with the accordion. When did Hohner start using that
logo? I didn't think it dated back to the 60s.
Hi Ken,

Not sure what year the Beatles harp was originally issued, but I just went and looked at mine and it's exactly like the one pictured -- i.e. the new logo.

One interesting thing about the box: Hohner mixed up McCartney and Harrison, reversing their signatures next to their faces. I am told there was a correction, and that a later (corrected) model -- much rarer -- was issued. But I have no idea whether that's true, or just wishful thinking and a legend.

cheers,

Tom Ball