[Harp-L] High A harmonica?

I'm with you on this Joe;
                                       "....As most of the work on Richter tuned harps is done on the lower half of the
harp anyway, and since the upper half is set up differently
anyway, Charlie only needs the lower half of the higher pitched harp,
and so it really doesn't come off as all that shrill"..............
                                        I see the high G (I don't own a high A; I might file up a high G yet) as being
dynamically similar to playing in 1st position; A bit like a clarinet or the upper range of a piccolo trumpet, depending
on what you are playing.
                                        I often use the low G while backing up, and switch for the solo.
                                        I find that unless my A harp is really fresh and bright, I am likely to get
drowned, even though my regular band plays very soft and mellow.
                                         I think the tonal qualities of standard-tuned guitars playing in E are
probably even heavier than the same played in D.
Rick Dempster