Re: [Harp-L] Re:Tremolo or Reverb (and now, Delay?)

Hello Harp-L
For more than 30 years I gigged with a "Tremolo" on my amp. ( A Vox Supreme
100 watt solid state guitar amp with 2  by 2 x 12" speaker cabinets).. I DID
use "tremolo" from time to time. It can sound GREAT for one tune ONLY... PER
GIG. It's just another weapon in your collection... It is quite different because
of its mechanical sound, from any "Tremolo" effect that a harp player can
make otherwise (IMHO).
 I do NOT have the option these days on"electric tremolo" with my regular
giging harp amps, a pair of Fender Blues De Luxe 40 watt combos both with just  1
x 12" speaker. They are VALVE (tube) guitar amplifiers.... BUT I don't miss
"Tremolo" at all.
But I DO have spring "reverb" and find this much more useful than "digital"
or "analogue" delay pedals.... Your mileage might vary... Of course.
For many years I used an analogue tape loop delay... A Watkins Copycat...
Very similar in sound to a Binson Echo unit.... That was good... But must be USED
IN MODERATION!!!! These days I just switch in the spring reverb now and then,
but only when I need the effect!
The musician makes the sound, the amp just makes it louder and adds. ...
something. ... sometimes:-)
Best wishes
John Walden
London
England

I am playing TOMORROW: Be there or be square (I can't believe that I said
that :-)
"Walden and Hyam Duo" John "Whiteboy" Walden, Harp.
12th November 2004  South Norwood, London, ENGLAND "The Clifton Arms" Clifton
Road, SE25, 8.30pm - 11.00pm
 (Near Crystal Palace football  stadium, "Selhurst Park" near Croydon)