[Harp-L] Muddy Walter / Jacob Waters

Whoa baby!
 The new "Rolling Fork Revisited" CD is currently making my workday a
pleasure and a breeze. (I'm on about the 3rd go-round at the moment). Mark  Hummel
playing harp with Johnny Dyer singing. It's ALL Muddy  Waters tunes. (along
with Dixon's "Don't Go No Further"), and more  impressive yet, the SOUND of it
all...like the best of Chess. My guitarist  walked in last night, and first
thing he said was, " Hey, new Muddy?).
 Hummel's playing, as always, is spot on, with tone and  taste. Walter's ears
must be tingling. Of particular joy are "Forty  Days and Forty Nights" and
"Clouds In My Heart."
 Also helping out here: Paul Oscher, Rusty Zinn (channeling Muddy on  guitar,
as Dyer does with his voice), Bob Welsh on piano (from Charlie  Musselwhite's
band), Francis Clay on drums.
 And harmonica everywhere. (Now ain't that a perfect world?).

Thanks to the good folks at Bluebeat for this new slice of heaven in my
mailbox.
(And to fjm ~ for  harp-l in my e-mailbox).

 Jeff G
 Denver CO