[Harp-L] Re: high A harmonica

Mike wrote:
"Does anybody make a high A harmonica?"

===============================

Just FYI, the high A harp is REALLY high. I had the good fortune once to briefly try a well-known player's high A Filisko. I was struck first by how ridiculously high-pitched it was, and second by it's staggering Filisko-osity (it was the only time a Filisko has touched these mortal lips). I got the feeling that if I were to play any note above the 4draw, dogs would come running from miles. Personally, I wouldn't waste the space in my harp case with a high A -- or a high G either. But to each his own. YMMV.
MN