RE: [Harp-L] Way into your mouth?

Stick the harp way into your mouth (as far in as you can get it)).

I've read this quite often, but there's no way I could do that and play single note except with tongue blocking. I assume that it is an exaggeration to get the point across, or is there some other secret?

Peace and music,
Dave

I don't know what the secret is. I have no trouble playing single notes. My jaw is down, the harp is deep inside and my embouchure is very relaxed. My tongue is out of the way of the harp. If I deliberately freeze in front of a mirror and remove the harp from my mouth, the hole between my lips would easily cover four or five holes on the harp. Yet I play single notes. I have no idea how it's done, but somehow I'm directing air down (or up) one hole only. I just don't get it, but I'm happy!

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica

Steve's CD of mostly traditional Irish, "Blowing Through The Reeds," is now available! Hear clips at http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

_________________________________________________________________ Express yourself with cool new emoticons http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/myemo