[Harp-L] need connections in southeast USA

Hi every one -

My band "CG & The Hammer" will be competing at the IBC band competition in memphis TN at the beggining of February. Since we are coming from overseas (Tel Aviv, Israel) it is important for us to find some more gigs before and /or after, to help finance patr of the expense, and to " justify" coming so far. I amtrying to call blues clubs in the Tennessee/ Georgia/ missouri/ Mississippi/ louisiana area ( we will be willing to travel for a gig), but it`s really hard to get booking connections via long distance phones - and I don`t have enough info on who to call and where.

If anyone has any tips/suggestions/connections that might help me, I`d really be grateful if you could contact me offlist - we will be in the USA during the last week in January and the first week of February. We are a 5 piece electric (Chicago/Texas style) blues band, and you can see more about us, and hear samples at our website www.cgandthehammer.com

HARP CONTENT: I am the harmonica player of the band, and the music is heavily harp based.

Sorry if anyone thinks this post is inappropriate, but thanks for helping out fellow musicians!

Dov Hammer

"CG & The Hammer Blues band"