[Harp-L] Jam band harp

Hey list,
  I guess I think of a jam band as one that does a lot of group
improvisation. Usually there is a worked out part or core song that a band extrapolates
from while  following a soloist.
  Our band has had jamming as a big part of our shows since we started. To
spare the audience endless noodling, we try to do only one long jam per set,
mixed in with more rigidly arranged tunes. With a rhythym section that actually
listens it's possible to use dynamics to move a long jam along & provide ear
releif for the audience & it's especially cool to land on improvised parts that
two lead players can harmonize or play unison.
  This approach can work in many styles of music. It's up to the band & the
soloists to make it interesting to the audience. Sometimes it just doesn't
work, but that's a risk you take when you improvise.

later, Rosco
maybe august