Re: [Harp-L] Jam band harpmen - Jazz blues

Try to separate your influences.  If I'm playing a jazz tune then I
play jazz lines, if I'm playing blues then I sound like a blues
harmonica player.

Question for you out there, I often hear Jazz players playing at concerts say: "The next tune is a blues, blah blah blah ..."

Then when they play I find myself surprised because it just dosen't seem like a blues to me at all; not even when I look for it. Is it just the chord progression or what? Feel kinda dumb, but can someone explain this to me?

Here's another dumb one now that I've opened the can, what's a jam band, is there such a style?
- is that like Led Zeppelin playing live or something?

Pierre.