[Harp-L] Harmonica Injuries

I suffered  severe injury [to my self esteem and to my
standing in my local ~Blues Community~]. It was in the
French/German border area. A big devote group of
~Blues Hobbyists~ who took themselves VERY seriously.

I forgot that I was going to play a double- 24 bars-
in 1st position, and when I put the harp to my lips I
began to automatically play in 2nd positions. I ~knew~
it was the right harp, and, for some reason my brain
just refused to adjust or remember and the weird
sounds increased my disorientation. It was like
~muscle memory~ gone mad. My lips, in desperation,
just kept trying harder- in 2nd position. I can still
see some of the faces as they took on that look of,
~Gee why did I never realize how horrible this guy
is~. The head of the Gruppe said afterwards, ~You
should, perhaps, sing more~.

Other than swinging my finned Stromberg mic into the
drummer's bass drum I've had no other injuries [unless
you count my rowdier days- and those injuries were my
own damn fault].

Go W,
Robb