[Harp-L] re: musicians reflecting on their instruments

Vince wrote:
"i never felt that a bad musician reflected on
the quality of his instrument of choice..."

I play harp and keys, the two most overplayed instruments in a rock band. People
are leary of having harp and keys players sit in, worried about over playing,
worried about muddying up the mix becuase of poor musicianship exhibitted by
musicians in the past.

I have been guilty of both those sins. It's hard to find good instruction on
playing in a band setting.I learned a little by screwing up for years.

I now try to keep my solos and accompanyment well rehearsed and short.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm