Ramblin' On My Mind

A friend of mine was in Freddie King's band during a triumphant blues tour of
the U.K.  When they got to Manchester they were feted by the Arts Society,
and taken to the most expensive restaurant in the city.  The wine steward came
over to Freddie, bowed deeply, and handed him a ten-pound, leather-bound
document.  "What's this?" asked Freddie.  Smiling smugly, the wine-steward said,
"It's the wine-list, sir."  Freddie handed it back, staring at the wine-steward
as if he was insane, and said: "Fuck the wine-list!  Bring me the god-damn gin
- -list!"

Which I consider a wise answer from the man who was more eloquent on electric
guitar than any other King--even King, Albert; King George, and King Kong.
Freddie's phrasing on guitar AND vocals should be closely studied by any young
harp player who's looking to know more about the power of dynamics.  Check out
the DVDs & videotapes, especially--monster stuff.