Re: Learning to Overblow

Stephen Shaw mailto:moorcot@xxxxxxx
8<
Which of Brendan's tunes did you use overblows in?  On "New Irish Harmonica"
he plays diatonic on just two tracks and I don't recall overblows being
needed.  He used half-valved diatonics, if my memory serves me.  On all the
other tracks he uses chromatics.  See sleeve notes.
8<

Hey Stephen,
  Highly likely Brendan was using an altered tuning(s) for the recording -
he's a strong advocate of making the instrument suit the musician and proven
the musical value of altered tunings, some of which he's come up with.
  Whereas Chris would be using his own harmonica setup of choice for the
exercise.

Cheers,
G.