From: "Mark Wilson" <markwilson53@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:03:02 -0800
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: turbolid

From: david j. brown <mailto:nonidesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>I bought one a while back. I liked the sound but  didn't like the how it fit my
mouth. I don't particularly like the "thick" feel the >larger surface area
these types of covers have. I prefer SP20s over Golden Melodies for the same
reason.
>I also get a better cup with stock covers over the Turbolids. My hands are
pretty big and I can really surround a stock SP20, MB, >LO, etc. The
enlarged side of the Turbo lid cover is actually a bit uncomfortable for me.

Hello David,

The thick cover plates are an aquired taste.  You definately will not like
the feel of the fat lower end initially.  With time, you will adapt if you
stay with it.  John K. mentioned a loss of bass respones.  I've experienced
the exact opposite.  The tonal palate, from low to high, is expanded
relative to a stock harp from what I've experienced.  Like Dennis mentioned,
record the same Sp 20,
stock, then lidded. Compare the two recordings, and you will hear a
difference.

Mark